Friday, September 7, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith


Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Title: Abraham Lincoln:
Vampire Hunter
Author: Seth Grahame-Smith
Genre: Sci.-Fi
Rating: 3.5

So I'll admit, I only read the book so I could watch the movie when it comes out on DVD, and I didn't have high hopes, especially given the kinda gross cover.  However, I was pleasantly surprised (I did skip the gory parts though).  It wasn't so completely out there to make it sound absolutely ridiculous and it wasn't so "completely true" to make it seem like an actual boring biography.  I actually found myself looking up different things that happened in the book to see if some of the happened in Lincoln's real life to like his familiy history manic depressive tendencies (so I did learn a little too:) Overall, it was a good read, held my attention and made me curious (possibly curious enough to read a non-fiction book?). 

No comments:

Post a Comment